In our regular monthly update, we share the latest news from our firm.
Keller Lenkner UK became Keller Postman UK
Keller Lenkner UK built an enviable reputation for taking on corporate giants. As Keller Postman UK, our work in group actions and mass litigation will continue. We will also carry on representing individual clients seeking redress for violations of their legal rights.
We will continue representing our clients on the same terms and conditions, and no-win, no-fee funding arrangements. And, if you are a client of our firm, the same people will be working on your case, and you will still receive the very highest level of legal advice, with no drop in standards.
We raised the issue of whole-of-life insurance policy mis-selling
In July 2022, our Investment Fraud & Mis-selling team began raising awareness of whole-of-life insurance policy mis-selling. You might be the victim of whole-of-life insurance mis-selling if a financial advisor (or insurance provider) convinced you to purchase a life insurance policy on a maximum cover basis and:
- The premiums increase to a level that you could not pay or which became too expensive. Or the amount of cover significantly reduced.
- You (or the policyholder) had to cancel/surrender the policy because of such changes (these policies are usually reviewed on a 5-year basis).
- You were not made aware that these changes could happen.
If this applies to you, you should contact Keller Postman UK to discuss a potential mis-selling claim.
Keller Postman UK highlighted a number of schemes, investments & providers that have been accused of pension-mis-selling
Pension mis-selling happens when advisors or companies talk people into transferring their pensions into unsuitable, unregulated, or failed schemes. Keller Postman UK helps people in England & Wales claim back what they are due following pension mis-selling.
In July 2022, we began to raise awareness of a number of schemes, investments & providers that have already been accused of pension mis-selling. These include:
- Berkeley Burke SIPP Administration. Pension provider Berkeley Burke has been at the centre of a high-profile court battle after many people lost money in mis-sold SIPPs. The company has now gone into administration with the SIPP branch being sold to Hartley Pensions.
- Dolphin Capital. Because the Dolphin Trust was not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and it was a high-risk investment, many investors’ life savings had been put at unnecessary risk.
- Liberty SIPP. It is likely that those who are involved in the Liberty SIPP mis-selling situation will be able to claim compensation as the provider has now been declared in default by the FSCS.
- Rowanmoor SIPP. Pension provider Rowanmoor has faced considerable backlash and received hundreds of complaints regarding a lack of due diligence involving investments made through their SIPP product
We will be adding to this list over the coming months.
Ben Rees examined the FCA’s permissions regime clampdown
Keller Postman UK alerted people to a data breach at Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
In July 2022, we warned people about a data breach at Airedale NHS Foundation Trust. The breach involves ‘special category data’. Special category data is personal data that needs more protection because it is sensitive. As such, victims of this breach are likely to be extremely worried about this data security failure.
We look forward to bringing you more news from across Keller Postman UK next month.